14 years old kidnaps grand mum

0
22

guns-gun-612x300

Nemesis at the weekend caught up with a 14-year-old boy, one Julius (surname withheld), who had conspired with hoodlums to abduct his grandmother for ransom.
The suspect lives in Oleh in Isoko South Local Government Area of Delta State with his 62-year-old grandmother, Hope (surname also withheld).
Julius conspired with some persons suspected to be kidnappers to seize his grandmother last year. Distraught relatives of the victim paid N4 million to secure her release.
Sources said the suspect was rewarded with N150,000.00 by his gang for “his co-operation.”
Bolstered by the proceeds from the previous kidnap escapade, Julius again allegedly conspired with his partners in crime to kidnap a four-year-old child, Victory on January 17, 2014.

Julius organised his kidnap with other two victims. He was later dropped off on the road. The gunmen held on to the two victims until last Saturday when they were released.
But through information, the police arrested Julius for allegedly conniving with his gang to kidnap his grandmother and upon interrogation, he allegedly confessed his role in the two kidnappings.
Acting spokesman of the state police command, DSP Charles Muka, who confirmed the development to Daily Sun in Asaba, said the suspect is in police custody and would be charged to court at the end of investigation.
“Through information, the roles of the suspect were revealed. On interrogation, he confessed receiving N150,000.00 for the role he played when the grandmother was kidnapped and N4 million ransom paid,” he said.
Muka, who stated that development has re-affirmed the belief that all kidnap cases have insider roles, advised parents/guardians to be careful with those they share their personal information with.
Meanwhile, a Chinese railway contractor has been killed and two of his associates wounded and presently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital after unknown gunmen attacked them in Atakar village, Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State at the weekend. The three men were believed to be on their way to inspect some work when they were attacked.
The spokesman for the Special Task Force (STF), Captain Salisu Mustapha, confirmed the attack, but said that his two associates have been hospitalised. Mustapha said, “the victims were attacked at the weekend in a boundary village between Plateau and Kaduna states. Plateau State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Chris Olakpe, confirmed the death of the Chinese contractor yesterday on the BBC Hausa service, adding that the attackers injured a police officer who was escorting the foreigners and confiscated his gun.

Contact: editor@pacetv.ngShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Digg thisPin on PinterestEmail this to someonePrint this page